Trashwiki gets around 60 visits a day. Maybe that's enough to generate a sustainable forum for trash-talk.
Single sign on
Is it simple to set up single-sign-on between mediawiki and whatever forum software?
MediaWiki + LiquidThreads
- guaka will probably set this up on Wikimini in the near future (and/or upgrade it to latest dev version)
- Slightly overkill for a forum? Plus it required quite a bit of parameterizing:
- Advanced forum
- Node comment
- Lots of experience in our circle of friends
- The forum can easily be extended into something bigger (trash hospex? :)
Actually it is the Drupal6 forum that sucks so much that it is necessary to do much plumbing to have something acceptable. The Drupal7 forum is supposed to already intergrate all the nice stuff.
If we go that way, we won't be needing the modularity of D6. For now at least. So maybe it's a good occasion to try out a D7 alpha.
Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
- Never used that, but...
- I heard it's great for what it does.
Outline idea of some adequate categories
- Find people to go with
- Dumpster diving spots
- Post your finds
- Share your finds
- Word games