I am the Ratte. Rats are cautious, bold creatures, and they love exploring and digging through bins.
I live in the city of Adelaide, South Australia, and have been diving for food for a few months now. Prior to this though, I have always had a desire to "recycle" or at least re-use stuff I've found on the side of the road. My years of urban exploring experience has allowed me to quickly adapt to finding good stuff wherever I go, whenever I need it. I like the fact I can get free food, but I also love being able to rescue good food and items from landfill, to reduce the vast endeavour of human waste (even if it's just a tiny bit).
My best finds so far
- Russell Hobbs sandwich press
- I always find lots of bread
- a trellis which now shades a good portion of my balcony garden
- 7 reams of pristine printer paper - months on, I still haven't run out :)
- 55 cans of Coca-Cola (not that great really - I don't drink the shit, but I guess I can give it to guests...)
- 6 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc (2008 vintage) - quite a nice drop!
- a 15" LCD monitor - perfect for the LAN this weekend!
- a heater which someone put out for hard rubbish - works fine
The city provides