Jönköping (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈjœnɕøːpiŋ] (yan-SHO-ping)) is a city in southern Sweden with more than 80'000 inhabitants. It is the 9th most populous city of Sweden.
Dumpster diving (food and non-food stuff)
Actual good spots
- Try a waste room ("soprum") in Tändsticksområdet - you can find recycable beverage cans, furniture, clothing, etc. (Last checked: ?)
- Behind Mio furniture store, close to Biltema. There is a dumpster for discarded furniture. Bulky furniture items usually are laid down on a ground close to the container. (Last checked: April 2012)
- Container at Gjuterigatan - contains both discarded food and stuff such as electronics, good place to check out. (Last checked: November 2010)
- There is a building near A6 at Kaserngård which hosts several containers. Food, minor furniture and office waste can be found there, the container seems to be emptied once a week, on Wednesdays. The entrance is next to the A6 entrance at Kaserngården, just a little to the right. At night the area is closed behind a fence although there is a gap in it so that one can climb through to the area. (Last checked: April 2012)
- The suburb Råslätt has several grovsoprum that are open at mondays between 07:00 and 17:00. The entrances are located on the short end of the apartment buildings. The rooms can be found at these locations.
Havsörnsgatan 51, 85, 103, 125, 151. Fiskjusegatan 16 and Kärrhöksgatan 30, 46
- add more?
Spots difficult to access
- Area near Coop at A6. Can be really difficult to get in there with the entrance being fenced off. If you can get in there, you will find several containers containing useful waste from Coop, Ikea and other companies nearby. (Last checked: April 2012)
- At Jönköpings Handelsstål they have several containers which seem to contain useful items and not just metal waste. The premise is surrounded by a wall that is facing the highway near Jordbrorondällen, and the part facing Munksjön has a fence. With a little help, the wall can easily be climbed over, while getting out of there is made easy thanks to industry pallets that can be climbed on. (Last checked: April 2012)
- add more?
Map and site location pictures
- Stuff found in Jönköping - personal gallery (Facebook)