Adelaide, Australia, is the capital city of the state of South Australia (SA), known colloquially as "The city of churches". There are a lot of good spots to dive around Adelaide, although some bins are locked, there are plenty which aren't. Check your local bakery or supermarket regularly and you'll be sure to find some good stuff.
Central Business District (CBD)
- The Rundle Mall's Woolworths bin is fairly reliable, and is located in an alley called Fisher place just off of Gawler place. (Last checked: April 2011)
Cumberland Park (6 km South West of CBD)
- Woolworths located at the crossroad of Goodwood Road and Cross Road sometimes has their 2 big containers standing outside near the delivery gates. Friday afternoon is the cleaning day. (Last checked: April 2011)
Daw Park / Colonel Light Gardens (7.5 km South West of CBD)
- IGA at 550 Goodwood Road keeps their container behind the shop squeezed inside a very small special storage niche. There is a gate, which is usually open during opening hours. Yoghurt and vegetables can be found regularly. There is a CCTV camera pointing towards the bin. (Last checked: April 2011)
- Dumpsters of Foodland at 530 Goodwood Road could never be spoted. Perhaps they are kept inside the building. (Last checked: April 2011)
Goodwood (4 km South West of CBD)
- Foodland's container is located in the parking at the back of the building. This bin is always unlocked. Yoghurt and vegetables can be found at times. This bin is cleaned up on Tuesday and Friday afternoons, however there might be already some food to collect on those days at night. (Last checked: April 2011)
- A few shops away from Foodland there is a Baker's Delight bakery. Their dumpster is rarely locked, mainly with empty paper bakers bags. (Last checked: April 2011)
Woodcroft (24 km South of CBD)
- Woodcroft Shopping Centre's Foodland container is at the back of the building. This bin is always unlocked. There is a gate, unlocked during the shop opening hours. If out side of opening hours, gate is locked when shop is unattended, accessible via a hole under gate about halfway along it. (Last checked: April 2011)
- Freegans-Who-Eat-Cake - A blog belonging to two dumpster divers located in Adelaide. Contactable via email.
|States and territories of Australia|