Pictures of the moment
More than often you will find a lot of food in these low and large box-looking gray dumpsters, in Luxembourg
: A Floating City
trailer loaded with the catch from only one organic food container. The Floating City is a project where people build boats and other stuff mostly from material they find for free in the city. Anyone can join the project and live and work here.
Dumpster dived food from one street in Toulouse
Welcome to Trashwiki, the collaborative world wide guide of creating value from trash!
It is written for and by dumpster divers, freegans and others of such kind. Here you will find plenty of trash-related articles: you can search by specific countries, by places like markets, by food types, etc. We already have 859 articles on trash and living for free. You can find precise descriptions of how to get rid of your trash in a sustainable manner, how to sensibly recuperate trash, how to share and get stuff for free, and much much more...
"One person's trash is another's treasure"
News and events
- Feb 4, 2017 - First German supermarket to sell only waste food, The Good Food
- July 13, 2016 - Dumpstermap.org, a collaborative map for sharing dumpster diving locations has been released.
- February 4, 2014 - 3 dumpster divers convicted of stale food theft in France — sad day for dumpster diving in France.
- April 15, 2014 - We started an interesting article here: How to prevent dumpster diving.
- April 5, 2014 - FallingFruit.org/freegan - Falling Fruit launches their global freegan map, meticulously assembled from data all across the internet (including all the locations on Trashwiki).
- January, 2014 - Three charged with stealing food from skip behind supermarket in the UK writes The Guardian.
- December, 2013 - Research on dumpster diving in UK. Please fill in the survey. Results will be shared on trashwiki.
- August 31, 2013 - Some of the folks behind Trashwiki have started Moneyless.org, a website with a lot of information about living without money.
- July 16, 2013 - Let's work on a collaborative submission to an EU Food Waste consultation
- March 21, 2013 - Uploading pics for Trashwiki becomes a snap with the Wikimedia Commons app for Android. Enable your GPS, make pics of your dumpster finds and add them to Trashwiki articles.
Featured articles: Amsterdam | Japan | Kaunas | Stockholm | Ten Katestraat market | Media.
You might also be interested in: Art, Bakeries, Diver's etiquette, Dumpster diver, Dumpster diving, First time, Freecycle, Freeganism, Food, Food Not Bombs, Gift economy, Give-away shops, Gleaning, Grow your own food, Guerrilla gardening, Health, History, Maps, Markets, Media, Laws, Literature, Organizations, Permaculture, Preservation, Projects, Recycling, Related websites, Relations with Vendors, Restaurants, Stuff, Supermarkets, Surfing, Trashwiki t-shirts, TLog, Tools, Unlocking dumpsters, Waste, Wintertime diving, project:How to add maps, Why We Work on Trashwiki, Worm Farming...
| United States, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Washington DC
Dumpster Diving Maps